Brown Bear

This picture was taken on a penninsula off Lynn Canal outside of Juneau by someone Mike works with.
I understand you don't want to mess with the Brown Bears. They are sure cute to look at, but they can be very hazardous to your health!!!

Monday, April 13, 2009

Romeo - Easter 2009

My dear friend Linda took this photo of Romeo near Skater's Cabin on Easter Sunday. She said she & Rick drove down the road and saw him sitting on-top of a pile of snow, so they stopped, sat, and watched him for over 30 minutes!

Mike, Alyx & I drove over and saw him last Tuesday and wouldn't-you-believe-it ... we didn't take the camera. He came over a mound of snow and walked right up next to the truck. We couldn't have been more than 8 feet from him. I tell you, his head looked like it was the size of a basketball! He is HUGE. I have been driving back everyday hoping to get a glance (yes, I am aware I have an illness, he he) and I am taking my camera in hopes I am able to get a photo.

Here are some pictures of Skater's Cabin:
Oh, yes...there is phone service @ Skater's Cabin...

0 Comments from Great People:

Come visit us in Alaska!!!

Black Bear & Cubs 7/23/09