Brown Bear

This picture was taken on a penninsula off Lynn Canal outside of Juneau by someone Mike works with.
I understand you don't want to mess with the Brown Bears. They are sure cute to look at, but they can be very hazardous to your health!!!

Monday, February 9, 2009

My Drive to Work

I just thought I would share with you what I get to see everyday on my drive to work. It is so pretty, even when it is all covered in snow. One of these days I will get some better pictures of the campus, but here are a few of what I saw today on my way back to work from lunch...

This is crossing Montana Creek...one of these days I need to get some pictures of this when it is all green so you can see the contrast, but it looks like a postcard in the winter!

A couple of weeks ago I saw three deer coming out of the woods chest-deep in snow, they walked across the road into these bushes. I wish I had the camera that day!

Yeah, we have plenty of gray in the sky here but what do you expect when you live in a rain-forest, right?

This is the drive into the campus. Oh ... look ... the sun is peeking through the clouds! Isn't it pretty???

And here is where my lunch-hour ends. Back to work!

2 Comments from Great People:

Anonymous said...

alyx miss you your brother leaves me alone now cuz hes afraid of my boyfriend. hope you like alaska we also got snow this year not as much as you but enofe to get us out of school for a day and it melted the nexed day it was cool i loved it. Hope you come back to visit soon and i get to see you this time.
love you guys -kymberlee

Anonymous said...

it looks so glumy what is alyx doing driving that is so wrong! we have nothing to do today after aims testing that was so easy by the way so were just playing on the computers

Come visit us in Alaska!!!

Black Bear & Cubs 7/23/09