|Make a Smilebox scrapbook|
- Airline sold too many seats and asked Aly & I to wait for another flight. We said 'no'
- Long wait ensued while we waited for 7 people to volunteer to give up their seats
- At 11:15 we were finally boarded onto the plane in Seattle and then we sat on plane at the gate for 1½ hours while there were 'mechanical problems'
- When we finally approached Juneau, the storm become so severe that the pilot MISSED the runway. That was scary!!! We came down really low and then just went straight back up.
- We landed in Sitka, refueled and were off for another try at the Juneau airport.
- Missed again
- Pilot informed us we were going to Seattle
- Snow in Seattle
- Landed in Bellingham
- Bussed to Seattle
- Stood in long, LONG line at airport to be told that airline is not responsible for the weather ...Der!
- Stood in long, LONG line for a taxi
- Got to hotel a little after 3:00 am
- Stayed in hotel for 2 nights waiting for a flight to Juneau
- Finally got a flight to Juneau
- Ready to board airplane and they stopped us because the left wing was BROKE
- Waited for wing to be fixed
- Got on plane
- 6½ hours later landed in Juneau
That's really not the end of the story... When we got back we had to dig the car out of piles of snow. It snowed 3 ft at our house while we were in AZ and since we have been back home we have received about 2 more ft. of snow. Expecting another foot tonight. Whew!!! But the BEST part of the trip to back to Juneau was: when we got home, we were greeted by a clear driveway. Our wonderful neighbors kept our driveway shoveled the entire time we were gone! They are so AWESOME!!!
Here is the guy working on the 'broken' wing...