Brown Bear

This picture was taken on a penninsula off Lynn Canal outside of Juneau by someone Mike works with.
I understand you don't want to mess with the Brown Bears. They are sure cute to look at, but they can be very hazardous to your health!!!

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Here is what happens in the winter under the Juneau Ice Field

People are walking around on the Mendenhall River & Mendenhall Lake. Here is a video of some of the insanity:



I took a few pics today. Hope you enjoy!!


Mendenhall Glacier and people out walking and skating on the river


I walked around the trail near the glacier a little and got this picture of a spruce with some snow & ice:


This is the street we live on! Isn't it a pretty view to see everyday??? By the way, that isn't snow on the street, it is ice. I would say it is about an inch or so thick... urggghhhhhhhh!

3 Comments from Great People:

vickiw said...

I was excited to see your pictures cause my dd's friends have been coming there in the summer with campus crusade for Christ mission the last couple of summers and now I think my daughter is coming. I think they stay in the dorms of the college. IS that the one you work at?
thanks for sharing the pictures.

Kerry said...

Becca, Wow I love your pictures and stories! I must admit that many brought me to tears they are just so beautiful and peaceful. You are very talented with the camera and just really bring the things to life. Your family seems lovely as well. I really enjoyed the pictures of ice skaters near the glacier. I grew up figure skating and can't imagine this opportunity.

Thank you and peace.

Kerry
WI

Kerry said...

Becca, Wow! Your blog is wonderful. You have a wonderful talent with the camera. Your pictures just bring the objects to life for me. Some of them made me cry they were so beautiful and peaceful!

I was a figure skater while growing up and I can't imagine the exhiliration of being able to skate so near a glacier! Who needs artificial backdrops when you have that color behind you.

Your family seems like a delight!

Thank you for sharing all these wonderful moments with us.

Take care and peace.

Come visit us in Alaska!!!

Black Bear & Cubs 7/23/09