Brown Bear

This picture was taken on a penninsula off Lynn Canal outside of Juneau by someone Mike works with.
I understand you don't want to mess with the Brown Bears. They are sure cute to look at, but they can be very hazardous to your health!!!

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Finally Got Video of a Bear

Mike & I went up to the glacier today and saw a young black bear fishing for salmon in a stream and I didn't have the camera!!! We watched him for a while and the salmon seemed to be able to predict his movement and they were keeping their distance. He stretched, scratched and yawned and watched them for a while. We went home, got the camera and when we got back, the little guy was gone.
We walked down the trail a bit and this is what we saw...

It was raining but it didn't seem to bother this bear. A little old man was on the trail with us and he seemed pretty knowledgeable. I repeated a lot of what he said because I didn't know if the camera would pick up his voice (he was a little distance away) so that is why you hear me repeating the same thing he was saying.

*Ü*

0 Comments from Great People:

Come visit us in Alaska!!!

Black Bear & Cubs 7/23/09