Brown Bear

This picture was taken on a penninsula off Lynn Canal outside of Juneau by someone Mike works with.
I understand you don't want to mess with the Brown Bears. They are sure cute to look at, but they can be very hazardous to your health!!!

Monday, June 9, 2008

Juneau in June

We got to Juneau yesterday (Christopher's 18th birthday) and it is absolutely beautiful.


Aly keeps asking how to spell Juneau, I told her that it is 'June' (month we arrived) followed by 'au' reason we came (au = gold on the periodic chart of elements) ... Mike will be working in a gold mine.

The house we are staying in is beautiful and very spacious. We don't feel at home without our 'stuff' and it doesn't have everything we will need (and we can't imagine buying it either since our stuff will be here in a month or so)...so we will figure out how to make do until we get our own place. I think it is a good situation though.

The kitties are making themselves feel right at home and so are the kiddos! Mike & I spent the day today getting a mailing address, insurance started to be figured out, DMV, CostCo, a haircut for Mike (that one was free since I cut his hair, but we had to go buy scissors) and we looked around at some real-estate today too. We don't have an agent yet, but we are doing some checking on the local market in the mean-time. Not sure whether we will rent or buy to start with. Lots to consider.

I am feeling a little torn about being here right now with Dad not feeling well. I am praying with every thought of him and Mom though. I sure hope they can feel my love so far away. Sometimes it just hurts to breathe because I want to be there so badly. I trust in our Saviour and I thank Him for all the wonderful gifts that He has given to us.

Mike starts work tomorrow and I think I will try to get a start-date figured out soon for me. Mike will be at the mine until Friday, but he has driven us around and I am familiar enough with where everything is, that we will be just fine. The kids just want to stay home all day and play pool. It has been a little chilly so they haven't braved the hot-tub yet. It drizzled most of the day today.

1 Comments from Great People:

Anonymous said...

TOO COLD FOR THE HOT TUB??? That's craziness...that's the best time to get in a hot tub (we used to own one!). :) Everything looks beautiful there. Praying for your dad!

Come visit us in Alaska!!!

Black Bear & Cubs 7/23/09