Brown Bear

This picture was taken on a penninsula off Lynn Canal outside of Juneau by someone Mike works with.
I understand you don't want to mess with the Brown Bears. They are sure cute to look at, but they can be very hazardous to your health!!!

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Some Southeast Alaska Flowers...

...that were blooming over the 4th of July weekend.
Dwarf Fireweed growing out of a rock - amazing! Wintergreen
This plant gets its name not because it is the 'wintergreen' we are familiar with as a minty plant, but simply because the little plant stays green in the winter. Columbine Fireweed Wild Purple Iris Wild Daisies Queen Anne's Lace (well this is growing on an Indian Celery plant, but the flower is also refered to as Queen Anne's Lace)

Lots of other stuff out there too that I didn't get a picture of...

...oh and we looked for a chocolate lily, but think it may have been too late in the season for that.

2 Comments from Great People:

Toni C said...

Thank you so much for sharing the beautiful pictures. It makes me feel like I could open my door and be there. Blessings, Love and Light to you

Anassmile said...

Amazing...your picture is great..
We have wonderful Lord who create our earth so beautiful so wonderful...I imagine if someday God gve me a chance to see the real wild alaska flowers...

Come visit us in Alaska!!!

Black Bear & Cubs 7/23/09