Brown Bear

This picture was taken on a penninsula off Lynn Canal outside of Juneau by someone Mike works with.
I understand you don't want to mess with the Brown Bears. They are sure cute to look at, but they can be very hazardous to your health!!!

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

It's dark...

Mike & I went for a drive out the road on Sunday and this is the picture I took near 'Sunshine Cove' overlooking the ocean...yep, it is out there somewhere (behind all that snow) ...and somewhere out there are islands and a beautiful mountain range too. Maybe we will get to see it in May when all the white stuff starts melting?
On the way back we were commenting about HOW dark it is!!! So, just for grins I thought I would take a picture of the clock and the windshield. The headlights are lighting up the snow that is beginning to stick on the road. (It wasn't there when we were driving out, but was starting to really stick on the drive back home.)

3 Comments from Great People:

Unknown said...

Seriously, was it 3:38 in the afternoon? How do you do it!? Amazing pictures too my friend, you do so well with photography, wanna come here and take picutres for me? :o)

Becca said...

Thanks Marché!!! I would LOVE to come there and take pictures ... maybe I will just do that someday :) That would be so much fun.

The days are EVEN shorter now and will continue to shorten until 12/21 (shortest day) and then we will start slowly creeping back toward more daylight. Alyx is complaining about having to go to school & walk home from the bus in the darkness. She doesn't complain when it is light so much in the summer though (neither do I).

innovation said...

you have a nice blog...

Come visit us in Alaska!!!

Black Bear & Cubs 7/23/09