Brown Bear

This picture was taken on a penninsula off Lynn Canal outside of Juneau by someone Mike works with.
I understand you don't want to mess with the Brown Bears. They are sure cute to look at, but they can be very hazardous to your health!!!

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Porcupine in July

This porcupine was sitting on the ground just resting for a while and I was able to walk right up to him and get this photograph. Isn't he precious? He he heeeThis Yellow Warbler was enjoying the blue lupins and sat still long enough for me to get this picture then flew away .Lots of wildlife out there today. I saw a small mink this morning too, but he moved very quickly under some tall grasses and I was not able to get a picture of him.

I went to the Glacier last night after 10pm and it was so peaceful and calm with only a few people there. I was able to see some large fish splashing around in the lake - it looks like the salmon will be in the streams anyday now. I haven't seen anything but the fry yet, but I am sure there will be lots of activity soon when the coho & sockeye arrive.

1 Comments from Great People:

Unknown said...

Becca, you pictures are just beautiful. The Lord has blessed you with such gorgeous land to live in! Thanks for sharing!

Come visit us in Alaska!!!

Black Bear & Cubs 7/23/09