Brown Bear

This picture was taken on a penninsula off Lynn Canal outside of Juneau by someone Mike works with.
I understand you don't want to mess with the Brown Bears. They are sure cute to look at, but they can be very hazardous to your health!!!

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Home Sweet Home...

This is a view of the front of the house. The property is almost ½ acre. There is a nice little back yard then a hill with these beautiful trees & lots and lots of blueberries!!! That is the best view to have while we are washing dishes!


This is a view down the street, looking out the front window downstairs.

As always, things continue to change around here. I ruptured the ligaments in my right ankle a couple of weeks ago, am still very bruised and having lots of pain, but am finally walking again! Mike & Alyx were great as I couldn't do the most simple little thing. I am blessed to have them! Chris & Mom called almost everyday to check on me and that was wonderful! I love my family!!!

Alyx has been doing great in school. She is taking lots of interesting classes and making plans for next year. What a good girl!

It is now Autumn in Juneau, with leaves changing colors and starting to fall off the trees. The temp is cool (has been since we got here in June) and so I guess we get Winter next. Hummmmmm... hope we can drive in the snow, ha ha, we are starting to miss that AZ winter right about now.

I took this picture as we were driving the other day so you could see the beautiful changing season here in Juneau. I of course would have rather been hiking about to get some great pictures, but we got one from the car window instead. Pretty, huh?


And all I can say about this one is... WOW!



Mike & I were at the Glacier just before I hurt my foot and got to see bear-prints in the mud next to a hiking trail pull-off...


0 Comments from Great People:

Come visit us in Alaska!!!

Black Bear & Cubs 7/23/09